Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

target shooters ?

Post by keithj » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 am

Hello all
Im new to this forum . I just built a ruger MKIII and I'm interested in bullseye style shooting . So how many of you out there shoot one handed trying to pound out the X-ring ................? Also I'd like to see some pic's if possible of your 1handed off hand targets say 50ft -25 yds so I can see how much inproveing I need to do
Keith

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Hello Keith
Your Ruger ought to carry you a long ways if you pay attention to the fundamentals. A good trigger job helps too. I have yet to use my MkII in a match. I use a Hammerli usually. But this Ruger practice target is as good as the Hammerli does. Thats SF on the left, not zeroed and wrong target. The right is sustained. All at 50' indoors.
With this gun
This is a sandbag 25yd group

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by keithj » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:35 pm

wow thats some good shootin ,Ive got a long way to go .I can usally keep 'um in the black ,but I also throw one out and I know it as soon as it happens ......I shot some at 25yds today and was happy with my results 9 rds stayed in the black and of course I had to throw one ........I like to learn some of the fundimentals and improve from here ...I'm not actively competing but hope to some day . just have fun with it right now but damn I sure like to be able to have some targets that looked like that...

keith

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online Keith!

We have several Distinguished pistol shooters here on the forum. So many here have learned how to shoot one-handed bullseye and also spent some time competing to become Distinguished. One way to get better is to enroll in your local bullseye league and find a seasoned shooter to show you the ropes. A .22 pistol is a good way to start but eventually you'll want to get into the bigger bore auto pistols. A Ruger Mark I/II/II will shoot well enough to compete with in NRA Conventional Pistol (bullseye) style competition.

R,
Bullseye