Bullseye Shooting

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

JimK

Bullseye Shooting

Post by JimK » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:25 pm

Hello, While I was at the little indoor range the other day a fellow ask me if I had tried Bullseye shooting. I didn't know what he was talking about, but found it to be a type ofcompetition shooting. It sounded like it might be fun even though I'm not a very good shot. I looked it up here on the net and found a mass of material on the topic.
I've done bowling pins and had a ball doing that so I thought I would ask if any of you guy's had ever tried the Bullseye shooting with your 22's. It also sounded interesting in that you shoot one handed. Heck.....that's the only way I ever shot a pistol or revolver until I took up shooting again about8 months ago. ha!
Any feedback you guy's can provide will be appreciated.
:?: :?: Thanks,
Jim

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Absolutely!

Bullseye shooting is also known as NRA Conventional Pistol. It is shot one-handed on 10-X bullseye targets at distances of 50 and 25 yards, both indoors and out. Bullseye pistol is shot with a variety of pistols, with .22s included. Depending on the course of fire, multiple calibers of handguns are used to complete each course of fire for a total combined aggregate score. Here's a good link to Jim Dryer's website that is dedicated exclusively to Bullseye pistol shooting: http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ There is some good information located on that website and no need for me to duplicate all of that here. The link on that page for the USAMU Pistol guide is another excellent source of shooting information and techniques.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye