MK III Hunter sight swap ????

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:11 am

Bullseye,

Yeah, I should have put that trigger in the trading post. I can't imagine the demand has outstripped VQ's production but who knows. As you said. Rimfire probably has them.
Wonder what ever happened to the silver colored trigger project at VQ?

R,Jack

tglahn17

Post by tglahn17 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:22 am

Hi, boomer47 and Bullseye,

Thanks for the quick advice! You're correct Bullseye. I don't want to remove the magazine disconnect. I think I'll send back the kit unopened and get just the sear and trigger. It's going to be a bummer waiting the extra week or so to get the new parts. The Hunter is the first gun I've ever purchased. (Since then, I got a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk and a Steyr M9A1.) I thought the trigger on the Hunter was good, but now after a lot of Internet research, especially forums like this, I guess the stock Hunter trigger has some "creep". Is that right? I thought I'd gotten pretty good with the Hunter, but after seeing some targets by real shooters, I realize that I shoot like a blind bank robber hopped up on meth. I can't wait to see how I do with these mods. Later,

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:23 am

You know the wheels turn slow. He's got to get the finish right before he sells them to his customers. I'm sure there's probably a few techincal obstacles to overcome with the silver finish.

Hopefully VQ will also start selling triggers separately from the kits. You can really see the differences in the backsides of the triggers in the pictures of the VQ kit trigger over the picture RS&C has on their website of the trigger alone.

I don't know if demand ran ahead of production or if those were a special run. VQ may be beta testing the market with RS&C to see if the market is right to sell the triggers separately. I'm going to send Alan a message maybe he can shed some light on this situation for me.

R,
Bullseye

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 am

Bullseye,
I ordered the trigger from RS&C as VQ only advertises it in the Kit. and I don' need the kit.
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:26 pm

Bud,

So far the only place I've found that sells the VC3TT trigger separately is RS&C. You're absolutely right, you don't need the kit to get a good trigger pull.

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:31 pm

tglahn17 wrote:Hi, boomer47 and Bullseye,

Thanks for the quick advice! You're correct Bullseye. I don't want to remove the magazine disconnect. I think I'll send back the kit unopened and get just the sear and trigger. It's going to be a bummer waiting the extra week or so to get the new parts. The Hunter is the first gun I've ever purchased. (Since then, I got a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk and a Steyr M9A1.) I thought the trigger on the Hunter was good, but now after a lot of Internet research, especially forums like this, I guess the stock Hunter trigger has some "creep". Is that right? I thought I'd gotten pretty good with the Hunter, but after seeing some targets by real shooters, I realize that I shoot like a blind bank robber hopped up on meth. I can't wait to see how I do with these mods. Later,
Sometimes these pistols come out with pretty decent triggers. You may have one. Then there's other times when they have horrendous trigger pulls. I guess it depends on who hopped the border and was on the production line at the time the pistol was assembled. If your trigger feels good to you then you don't have to replace it. Ask around and see if someone has an upgraded trigger and see if you like it. But if you have ill feelings about that trigger then you're on the right track to improving it.

R,
Bullseye

tglahn17

Post by tglahn17 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:52 pm

Hi, Bullseye,

I got the full accurizing kit from Rimfire. I sent it back to exchange for just the target sear and trigger. I definitely want to do this upgrade. I had a gun epiphany the other day. I purchased a Smith & Wesson Performance Center 1911. I really liked shooting the rental 1911s at the range I frequent. I did a lot of Internet research, read good things about the S&W PC1911, and then I found one at a really good price. The gun arrived at my local FFL, and I went to fill out the paperwork. While the paperwork was being filled out, I handled the piece. The trigger was like no other trigger I've ever pulled. Now I know what people are talking about when they say that a trigger breaks like a glass rod. The distance between the start of the pull and the break was no more than a thought. It felt like I could pull the trigger with my mind alone. Compared to the PC1911, my stock Mark III Hunter trigger feels like paddling through oatmeal. I hope the new sear and trigger make my Hunter feel like the PC1911. I'll let you know how it goes. Later,

greener

Post by greener » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:03 am

Just did the upgrade on my Hunter. Made noticeable difference. The problem with the upgrade was when I switched to my 22A with not a terrible trigger after shooting the Hunter for a while, the first couple of shots had a "where did they go?" quality until I adjusted to the different trigger.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 am

You'll notice a difference. Now I know the before; please post your thoughts after installing the upgrade parts and test firing.

R,
Bullseye