Mark lll Sear Spring Question?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood the original question. I do not see a reason to buy the whole VQ trigger upgrade kit, just the sear and trigger will do very nicely. They do make a big difference in the feel of the factory trigger. There has been a shortage of sears with parts suppliers lately, but it seems the full kits are available for ordering.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Wish I could get to use them, 8:00AM and we have no temperature at all. May get up to 40 this weekend, sure hope so.
Hey Oldman(respectfully speaking), I live just north of deeetroit, it was about 3 deg this morning here.

Probably wouldn't work as I did see him dispatch a few at the club over the years, nope them was woodchucks. What is the difference, not into rodent identification.
Hey OM, you should bring bear down here to chase out the coons/possum/and,yes, skunk that live underneath my deck. I actually caught a skunk this past summer with a live-trap. Talk about a nervous hakaman during release.

:hiya:[/quote]
Damn, sure would have liked to see the video on that release program, must have been something to see the terrified look in your eyes as you held your breath. Old country boy I used to work with used to catch skunks, he said if you grab them by the tail and get their back feet away from anything solid they can not squirt. Had to take his word on that, never did want to prove him right or wrong. My youngest daughter used to work for? damn memory shot again, out of the RenCen downtown and I believe she lived in Birmingham just North of 12 mile. My Dad's folks live in the 1800 block of E Grand Blvd, that was not a bad place eve in the mid 60's. Th REAL DEEEEtroit is South of 8 mile and be careful and be armed. PM me or e mail me if you do not care to make your location public. Just thought of it Arthur Andersen.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:04 pm

thank you

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Let me join in with Bullseye and Georgezilla on the VQ upgrades. The VQ target trigger and sear is a great upgrade for your Ruger. The upgrade will drop the trigger pull to a smidge over 2# and allow you to adjust the pre and post travel to a crisper trigger.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Hey OM, I'd take his word for it to. When I let the skunk go(veeery carefully), he ran out of the cage about 10 feet and stopped, lifted his tail(you know what that means), but just ran off w/o incident. I called the animal control department at the police station, but since I caught it myself, they didn't want anything to do with it. "You're on you own kid". I told them I'm 53 y/o, and not a kid, they said it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, "yer still on yer own, bye" click.

Hey folks, I ordered the Ruger Mark III Target Pistol Accurizing Kit today. Should get it in a 2-3 days. From the sound of it, it looks like it will be well accepted on my part. I need every edge I can get. My eyes ain't what they used to be, as well as the rest of me isn't.
thanks, hakaman

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Hakaman wrote:Hey OM, I'd take his word for it to. When I let the skunk go(veeery carefully), he ran out of the cage about 10 feet and stopped, lifted his tail(you know what that means), but just ran off w/o incident. I called the animal control department at the police station, but since I caught it myself, they didn't want anything to do with it. "You're on you own kid". I told them I'm 53 y/o, and not a kid, they said it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, "yer still on yer own, bye" click.

Hey folks, I ordered the Ruger Mark III Target Pistol Accurizing Kit today. Should get it in a 2-3 days. From the sound of it, it looks like it will be well accepted on my part. I need every edge I can get. My eyes ain't what they used to be, as well as the rest of me isn't.
thanks, hakaman
The cop was right, you're still a kid, my oldest son is just 2 years younger than you. When you get older you will get smarter, guess I ain't got old enough yet. Good luck with the acccurizing kit. my MarkII's just have the VQ sear and the stock trigger with a pretravel screw and they shoot just great. Just remember" It's not the shooter but it is the shooter"

rammed

Post by rammed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I know what you guys mean about the weather. I've picked up 3 guns since the weather got cold and have not shot any of them. Put a VQ kit in my competition target Mark III and have not tried it yet either. It should be nice this weekend (southwest Ohio) but there are to many Rambo's with SKS's on the weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold into next week. :D

PISTOLERO

Listen to Bullseye

Post by PISTOLERO » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Listen to Bullseye. He knows his stuff. I have not been steered wrong by his advice. As always thank you for excellent website and all of its contributors. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"When I change the way that I look at things.
The things that I look at, change." D.Dywer

greener

Post by greener » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm

I've been very impressed with Bullseye's ability to read through the problem and offer a very clear and concise solution. His instructions, and the advice of other wise folks on this forum, made it very easy for me to solve the mysteries of Rugers and "drop in" parts replacements.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:35 pm

rammed wrote:I know what you guys mean about the weather. I've picked up 3 guns since the weather got cold and have not shot any of them. Put a VQ kit in my competition target Mark III and have not tried it yet either. It should be nice this weekend (southwest Ohio) but there are to many Rambo's with SKS's on the weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold into next week. :D
Couldn't resist. The SW Michigan branch of the greener family is a bit tougher than the central Virginia branch. Young greener's training dip a couple weeks ago:

All that was needed is a chain saw to get through that funny white stuff on the water

He's shamed me out of complaining about the cold and I'm going out with a couple of VQ upgraded Rugers this weekend, no matter what the weather. The prediction of going from below freezing to mid 60's has no affect on my decision. :lol: :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm

The Polar Bear club is a bunch of cub scouts compared to diving under the ice. :shock:

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Now understanding the funtionality of the sear spring, I no longer have to put a bend in it. Like you stated, it has positive force towards the frame pin. Oh well, live and learn. :roll:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Hakaman wrote:Now understanding the funtionality of the sear spring, I no longer have to put a bend in it. Like you stated, it has positive force towards the frame pin. Oh well, live and learn. :roll:
We get smarter as we get older,, at least that is the old saying. Not sure if it is working for me, I am getting older but the other part is?????

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:04 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Hakaman wrote:Now understanding the funtionality of the sear spring, I no longer have to put a bend in it. Like you stated, it has positive force towards the frame pin. Oh well, live and learn. :roll:
We get smarter as we get older,, at least that is the old saying. Not sure if it is working for me, I am getting older but the other part is?????
I certainly wouldn't want to put the smarter-and older vote up to my kids. :lol:

Glad you got it solved, Hakaman.

Curmudgeon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm in, I ordered the VQ MKIII 22/45 kit a few minutes ago. Can't wait.
GUN CONTROL PROTECTS CRIMINALS FROM WORK RELATED INJURIES.