That's a big 10-4.

--seal killer

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 am

Bill,

Here's what I use for that....

Dear Osama, The only thing I'll feel for you is recoil !

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:02 am

Bullseye wrote:Bill,

Here's what I use for that....

Dear Osama, The only thing I'll feel for you is recoil !

R,
Bullseye
now that is a real GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

seal killer

Post by seal killer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:17 am

bearandoldman and Bullseye--

Yes, I would have to agree that is one helluva gun.

Tromix used to manufacture a single shot .50BMG pistol. It was a neat looking machine. Reputedly, it did not kick much more than a fifty caliber Desert Eagle due to the short barrel length. But, talk about flash!

A 6" DE produces a tremendous flash with the right "flash-load" and some commercial loads. However, my 10" barrel produces hardly any flash at all. This means most or all of the gas is igniting and expanding within 10 inches.

--seal killer

allendavis
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Ruger Mark III vs. Browning Buckmark

Post by allendavis » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Seal Killer wrote:
I looked at all the pictures. It is obvious you have a tight group of friends/shooters and an EXTREMELY well maintained range.
We have a total membership of 458. Officially, we have just over 400 dues-paying members. The balance of the memberships are complimentary to law enforcement officers, firefighters and active duty military personnel. And of the membership, only a small fraction uses our club for shooting (at the ranges, anyway). Most belong because they like the club for fishing, squirrel, turkey, quail and deer hunting. We have about 180 acres and it butts right up against the Morgan-Monroe State Forest.

Sometimes I think the ranges are a little too well maintained! I go down to the ranges on a frequent basis solely to police all the brass casings I can lay hands on. I keep what I handload for myself. The rest I store up until I have a decent weight and take it to the local recycling center. The last two times I've been there to scrounge, I've only managed to find a few hundred .22 LR or .17 HMR/Mach 2 cases.

Since the price of brass recently spiked at $1.32/pound, I suspect other members (or the groundskeeper) are scavenging before I get a chance. Will alter my scrounging schedule accordingly.

Most of the membership is pretty good about policing their own brass and putting it in the supplied containers for casings, but we've noticed that the clowns who shoot that steel-cased Russian crap tend to just leave their cases all over the place, and it's beginning to curdle the urine of many members.

Membership is closed right now. Current members are given first crack by renewing early. Those who aren't current on their dues by January 31 lose their slots and new applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Believe me, not many members let their memberships lapse. I'm very fortunate to be a member of such a grand place to shoot, and it's only about a 2-3 minute drive from my house!

Allen

allendavis
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Ruger Mark III vs. Browning Buckmark

Post by allendavis » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:33 pm

Dude

It's become obvious that you're now talking about ANYTHING but a Ruger MarK i, II or III.

FOUL!!! NO SCORE!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:59 pm

Point taken; we did wander off of the rimfire topic a bit.

This is a rimfire forum so all models are appropriate not just the Ruger Marks.

R,
Bullseye