Local Range

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Glenn
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Local Range

Post by Glenn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:33 am

I finally got my membership to the local range! This place is litterally a mile from the house, so I'm really really excited.

I had tried to sign up back in September, but they were having some issues with their membership person. I talked to the president and he said they were getting a new membership person and things should be better by year end. I sent my info in around mid Dec with a 1/1/08 requested effective date. Yesterday, my membership card, badge and gate key came.

So hopefully, I'll be getting out to shoot more often. And unfortunately for you guys, bugging you with more questions. :lol:

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

A Good Thing!

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:00 pm

Shooting more often is definitely a good thing. Congrats. Also a good excuse to buy more guns so you don't get bored shooting just one or two.

DWS

Glenn
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Glenn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:15 pm

LOL! I'll have to remember that one! :lol:

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Congrats on the membership!
Though I have my own incredible place to shoot I maintain a membership at the nearest range just to support it.
Too many ranges are disappearing!

Have fun!

SD

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:08 am

Having a place to shoot that is close to home is a great plus for a firearms enthusiast. Travel time to and from the range can negatively affect range sessions. Even better if your new shooting venue has a membership club type organization as this puts you in contact with people who share your passion for the shooting sports.

R,
Bullseye

Glenn
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Glenn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 am

I've gone to a few plate shoots and a public range. It's amazing how friendly people are. Bullseye, that's an excellent point. I'm sure I'll meet a lot of good people since I'll be spending some time there.

It will be good to support a local range. It seems that with sprawl and NIMBY's ranges in CT are sadly disapearing. People love to complain these days. Kinda like a person who knowingly moves near a large airport...then has the you know what to complain about the noise! :roll:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Well you know what they say, "People aren't happy unless they're complaining about something."

R,
Bullseye

Glenn
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Glenn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:54 am

That should be the state motto here in Connecticut. :lol: