Wondering

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

neophyte

Wondering

Post by neophyte » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:23 pm

I visit daily and have wondered why more participation doesn't take place?
Your site is the better one that I follow, that being said;
some of my post have been looked at, but not responded to.
If I were 'thin skinned' I definitely have a complex. :) Maybe 'I' am not posting properly. :( What ever it takes, You and the 'Bullseye' have a good place to visit and learn.
Craig

By the standards of most

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 pm

I can't imagine you not getting a reply even if it was just a welcome. There is a lot of experience here and all good people...
anyway. . . . Welcome to "GUN TALK.
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Wondering

Post by jaeger45 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:59 pm

neophyte wrote:I visit daily and have wondered why more participation doesn't take place?
If I were 'thin skinned' I definitely have a complex. :) Maybe 'I' am not posting properly. :( What ever it takes, You and the 'Bullseye' have a good place to visit and learn.
Bud33 wrote:I can't imagine you not getting a reply even if it was just a welcome. There is a lot of experience here and all good people...
I was just kinda curious about your claim, clicked at ur Profile, had a look at your posts, and noted that you had been read and indeed have not received some replies. But some of your posts had been responded to.

Ergo... You're doing okay, just like the rest of us. Relax... It's just like hunting. Sometimes you get your deer-- most of the time you don't.
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

neophyte

Post by neophyte » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:11 am

Bud33; jaeger45; whoa folks, my thought had only a small part about myself. Check beside many of the post and you'll see many many have looked at each posting. My curiosity has more to do with "visiting folks"
Yes I've had the 'glad your here' and 'welcome'. My thoughts were not to be construed that I've been slighted.

Subject at hand: For such a fine "forum" visitors are visiting; many if not most are visiting for the same reason as I. "much quality info" with good people responses. I feel sure that these; same as I; visitors have shared experiences
My curiosity; My thought; has everything to do with participation.
Craig

By the standards of most

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:15 am

Like a lot of places some folks look and some comment. Window shopping is not discouraged here at Guntalk-online. I know that there are some topics where my knowledge base is a little thin and I defer to those who may have more experience for responses in those areas. Unlike a lot of message forums the members here a Guntalk definitely do not respond unless they have something positive to add - you don't see that in too many places. I apologize if you feel slighted in any way, I assure you it wasn't intentional.

R,
Bullseye

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Wondering

Post by jaeger45 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 am

jaeger45 wrote:
neophyte wrote:I visit daily and have wondered why more participation doesn't take place?
If I were 'thin skinned' I definitely have a complex. :) Maybe 'I' am not posting properly.
:( What ever it takes, You and the 'Bullseye' have a good place to visit and learn.
Bud33 wrote:I can't imagine you not getting a reply even if it was just a welcome. There is a lot of experience here and all good people...
I was just kinda curious about your claim, clicked at ur Profile, had a look at your posts, and noted that you had been read and indeed have not received some replies. But some of your posts had been responded to.

Ergo... You're doing okay, just like the rest of us. Relax... It's just like hunting. Sometimes you get your deer-- most of the time you don't.
neophyte wrote:Bud33; jaeger45; whoa folks, my thought had only a small part about myself. Check beside many of the post and you'll see many many have looked at each posting. My curiosity has more to do with "visiting folks"
Yes I've had the 'glad your here' and 'welcome'. My thoughts were not to be construed that I've been slighted.

Subject at hand: For such a fine "forum" visitors are visiting; many if not most are visiting for the same reason as I. "much quality info" with good people responses. I feel sure that these; same as I; visitors have shared experiences
My curiosity; My thought; has everything to do with participation.
Huh-hh???

Well, all right- I MUST admit I DID misconstrue you then, based on your three statements in red in your original post. Glad to know you realize you were'nt slighted 'tall, for we wouldn't like you to have any complex.
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:52 am

neophyte,
You're right about this site being different than most of the rest.
It seems many folks go to gun sites for comaraderie almost exclusively.
I'm aware of some sites where the non gun chit chat, lounge chat, posts exceed the actual gun specific forum posts. :?
For religion, politics, product pushing, and just plain feel good high fivin' to reinforce one's own beliefs there are no shortages of sites.
For a site which deals almost exclusively with the "balls & strikes" of guns and related amenities Bullseye's is simply dead on!
You may not get a response here from time to time. It may be as a result of those here simlpy not have an answer.
Perhaps there may be fewer members here......... but not less info! :)
I too have had questions which go unanswered but I conclude it's a legitimate lack of info on the subject.
Good luck with the help you get and the help you provide in the future! :)

SD

wlambert
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by wlambert » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:14 am

I look almost every day, but don't post unless I think I have something intelligent to add. That doesn't happen too often. Or, I might be at work and don't have time to post. Don't feel to bad if you didn't get an answer, maybe you were in an area where people didn't have a lot to say.

I never talked much on the CB either!

wlambert
NRA Benefactor
Lehigh Valley Police Revolver League
Guthsville Pistol League

neophyte

Well

Post by neophyte » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:01 am

I understand :D

Thanks
Craig

By the standards of most

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:20 pm

wlambert wrote:I look almost every day, but don't post unless I think I have something intelligent to add. That doesn't happen too often. Or, I might be at work and don't have time to post. Don't feel to bad if you didn't get an answer, maybe you were in an area where people didn't have a lot to say.

I never talked much on the CB either!

wlambert
There are a number of people who post or reply just to see themselves in print. You see things like "I don't know the answer, but". I visit one site that actually has a thread "post here to increase your numbers"!!! After while you will get to where you will recognize them.
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:34 pm

Neo, you just don't know how much this particular site has helped me, and I can't say that for most of the other places that I have visited. While I don't post every day, much less (I'm sorry) visit everyday as work won't always afford me the opportunity. I do come by often and can appreciate the people who share their knowledge. Bullseye's keep her up and running and Neo keep on comming back and sharing. This is a great place to share with one another.

neophyte

Yes

Post by neophyte » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:56 pm

Tbag: Sir; my sentiments exactly. Help and directions beyond my wildest expectations. This is part of my reason of my inquiry. Much info makes; for wanting more of these 'folks' thinkings. I believe that I've found the "Bullseye" at another site; and his willingness to share is commendable.
This site needs to stay alive and well. :D
Craig

By the standards of most