Got the habit bad.

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Like Len, I just tried to give a lonely gun a new home. Unlike him, I failed. A coworker has been asking me about self-defense firearms and decided he wanted a 9mm. I kept mentioning that he should try out several on a range and offered to take him to the range I use. He said he wasn't at all interested in shooting, but wanted one "just in case." I suggested that if he were ever going to rely on one, he ought to have a passing familiarity with shooting and operating the pistol. Then, I remembered that he said he had a revolver he thought was a Redhawk. I suggested that that would do fine, but if he wanted different handgun, I'd be more than happy to entertain taking it off his hands. He said that he wanted two and that he bought the Redhawk 25 years ago, loaded it, put it in a drawer and had never fired it.

Guess I'll have to go feed my addiction elsewhere.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:26 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
Blindpig wrote: My apologies, Len. Let me see though, I forgot what I was going to apologize for!
Hey, remember senility us not exclusive to us old guys you know? or wht was I talking about Bear? lets go to the range and let the old man play.
Len, it's nice to know that you would make the sacrifice to give a lonely pistol a good home. Not everyone would do that.

Compared to Len's exalted age, I am a mere whippersnapper, still damp behind the ears. Some minor drying due to less foliage above them.

BP you are right about remembering why you wanted the license. Guess I'll just have to use that nice 2-lb hammer or the aluminum bat. Now, all I have to do is remember where I put them.
I got Bear from the Golden Retriever Rescue, now it seems they have one for guns that need a loving home. We even took that little forlorn pistol to the range and let it play with a box of ammo, sure did have fun you should have heard it bark with joy.
I do wear a hat in cold weather and also in the hot sun, with no shingles the heat loos is bad and so is the sunburn, the rain splatter bothers me too.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:10 pm

But think of all the money we can put towards the gun funds because we no longer need shampoo.
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 pm

[quote="bearandoldman
I got Bear from the Golden Retriever Rescue, now it seems they have one for guns that need a loving home. We even took that little forlorn pistol to the range and let it play with a box of ammo, sure did have fun you should have heard it bark with joy.
I do wear a hat in cold weather and also in the hot sun, with no shingles the heat loos is bad and so is the sunburn, the rain splatter bothers me too.[/quote]

Glad to see you gave the Kal Tec a good home and some attention.

Got Luther (our Gordon Setter) as a "rescue." SWMBO thought so much of him she doesn't want to do another rescue now that he is gone. She's afraid the next one won't live up to the last one. She has voiced similar thoughts about replacing the current greener, something about the new one being like the old one.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:19 pm

greener wrote:[quote="bearandoldman
I do wear a hat in cold weather and also in the hot sun, with no shingles the heat loos is bad and so is the sunburn, the rain splatter bothers me too.
Glad to see you gave the Kal Tec a good home and some attention.

Got Luther (our Gordon Setter) as a "rescue." SWMBO thought so much of him she doesn't want to do another rescue now that he is gone. She's afraid the next one won't live up to the last one. She has voiced similar thoughts about replacing the current greener, something about the new one being like the old one.[/quote]
Would be hard to replace a og as the new one will most likely never compare to the old on, now replacing a greener, maybe yes maybe no, now replacing an oldman, the next one almost hs to be betterr, if not, I woud really feel sorry for the oowner.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:18 am

bearandoldman wrote:Blindpig, is it true that you can really find an acorn once in a while?
Absolutely! And that's the reason for the screen name; I only find one once in a while! :lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:24 pm

Blindpig wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Blindpig, is it true that you can really find an acorn once in a while?
Absolutely! And that's the reason for the screen name; I only find one once in a while! :lol:
Well, that is still better than nothtnig by a large percentage.