California driving the price of guns up, again...

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

MicroGuy
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

California driving the price of guns up, again...

Post by MicroGuy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:59 pm

New California law requires each handgun cartridges to be "micro-stamped".

And just like the "chamber loaded indicator" on the Mark III, they'll end up putting it on ALL guns, driving the price of them up.

Not to mention a potential for arresting the wrong person. (just toss some out there from another gun)

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California/CA ... 042C.shtml

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:04 pm

%$#*& !!!

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Good Lord!

What a complete waste of time. I cannot believe Arnode the Carload would even consider approving such lunacy. Guess we will have to wait and see.

That would mean the 'pre-coded' weapons would either be in very high demand or they would have to be 'recalled' for retrofit.

Doubt either will actually occur.

Just plain old fashioned stupidity.

Oh sorry... forgot we were discussing Kalifornia.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

MicroGuy
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by MicroGuy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:25 pm

I doubt that the technology would work anyway.

Perhaps stamping it as you bought it, but not in the gun. But even that wouldn't work any better.

it's just crazy. Just politicians trying to look like they're doing something. Like with "buy back" programs. They buy junk, and it looks like they're getting guns "off the street" (when they're not), and they have their face out there, and most importantly, it looks like they CARE (when they don't do that either!)

Just more insanity from the left coast.....

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:04 pm

I keep seeing these items in the press about the Mexican activist organizations saying they want to take back some of the U.S. and make it a part of Mexico again. Perhaps we could just give them the People's Democratic Republik of Kalifornia and it would solve two problems at once.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:13 pm

Blindpig wrote:I keep seeing these items in the press about the Mexican activist organizations saying they want to take back some of the U.S. and make it a part of Mexico again. Perhaps we could just give them the People's Democratic Republik of Kalifornia and it would solve two problems at once.
Interesting idea, but not really what the macaroons want. They want to 'take back' some of America but still have the American government pay for everything for them. They already know their obviously corrupt government won't.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]