Milk, Gas or "Bullets"???

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

bearandoldman

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Glad to be 'back in action' :wink:

Hope you and the woofer are doing fine too.

I tried handloading once and found I prefer to whittle.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Thankfully my only shortages have been on my .22's and my 7.62x39, as I reload everyhting else. With a gun show coming up, I am anticipating picking up a few thousand rounds of the 7.62, as the show in my area almost always have Wolf for that caliber available, and my Mini 30 is sub MOA with that brand. As for the .22 ammo, the Wolf is superb for my rifles, but my MK's haven't really been loving it, so I plan to get a case of it if I can find it, and will keep trying to ferret out the "perfect" target grade for my pistols. The CCI SV seems to work pretty good, as does the Win. Dynapoints, but I am having trouble finding either of those in bulk or at fair prices. Oh well, I will just have to keep looking.
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Bullets

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Thankfully all my MK Is and IIs love both DynaPoints and CCI Stingers and I have had no real problems finding case lots of them as they are needed.

I have never fired anything but WalMart white box FMJ or good old Gov't surplus FMJ from my .45s.

If I were ever to successfully handload I would only need to make 12 guage, .300 Win Mag, and .45s. I shoot 100 times more .22 than all the others combined so it is no problem.

When ammo starts getting 'hard to find' I will undoubtedly stock up on enough to last a few years.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]