Hello all you boys and girls

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Hello all you boys and girls

Post by Yleefox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 am

Been a while since I last tossed in my .02 cents and just thought I would drop in and say hey.

Between moving to another state, honey-do's, and working around the new place (new to us), and just plain discouragement at the current state of affairs as they relate to firearms, ammunition, and politics, I just haven't felt like being a part of the gun culture lately.

I'm beginning to make headway with the chores, my attitude is improving, and hopefully the shortage of .22 LR will ease up soon.

Anyway, again, just wanted to visit my favorite website and say hey.

PLM

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 am

Welcome back! Sometimes you just get overcome by events and have to prioritize things according to needs. Moving can be a hassle. Are there ample opportunities for you to shoot in your new neighborhood?

R,
Bullseye

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 am

As a matter of fact Bullseye, the range here is just five miles away, instead of the thirty miles I used to have to drive. In addition, there is seldom anyone else there shooting, when I am. Plus, I live outside the city now, and I have enough land that, if I choose, I can shoot right outside my door. I'm unlikely to do that however, except for .22 perhaps, because I want to avoid disturbing my neighbors.

Thanks for the welcome back.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Sounds very promising for shooting opportunities in your new digs. I'm sure that will help you get "back-in-the-saddle" shooting-wise.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Moving is always a pain, and setting up a new house there are endless things to do.

Being able to shoot at your place is a big plus. I'm at my dad's place for the summer and I can shoot here any time. You hear gun shots all the time around this area. He is 5mi south of town (city limits) and has 32ac, timber land. When it's raining I just open the garage door and shoot at a polymer ball I have hanging up at 25yrds. We had lite showers (0.05" rain) this morning so I shot my MKIII this morning, 100 rounds.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm

For me, the packing up is a pain, but I always enjoyed unpacking and getting everything placed. I hope you really enjoy the new home.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Packing and moving was a pain. First time in 30 years I've done it. Hard to believe how much stuff you've acquired until you start boxing it. Then to make it even more difficult, we bought our kid's house, but they are still living there until their new home is finished (about another month or so). I still can't decide if we're just overly nice to our kids or just plain dumb.

The shooting will definitely be better here and this is a very gun friendly place. In fact, I pointed out to my wife yesterday, a rifle hung in a rack in the rear window of a pickup truck. I haven't seen that in a very long time.

Thanks for all the support from a great bunch of guys. That's one of the things I love about this site.

PLM