gun show loot

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

gun show loot

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 pm

I left the gunshow today with a couple of p-mags at a good price, and a mag for my mossberg 144lsa that I've been looking for for a couple years now.... And I left with $$ in my pocket.

What have you found hood lately.[/quote]
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: gun show loot

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I left the gunshow today with a couple of p-mags at a good price, and a mag for my mossberg 144lsa that I've been looking for for a couple years now.... And I left with $$ in my pocket.

What have you found hood lately.
If you have $$ left you must have taken $$$$$$$$$$ with you' Mossberg mags for old guns are not low $$$ items.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm glad you found another mag for my Mossberg. :lol:

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 pm

$30 is way reasonable for that old mossy... He tried to sell me two for $55. Which is why I still had some $$ left over. Pure willpower

Another? It didn't have any when I stole it from you!
:wink:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 am

The Gun show I went to this weekend was very small. It's one thats been gong for decades and this was the last one. I suspect the building is going to be torn down. The AC was not working so it was hot and steamy, every one was complaining about the heat. I'm glad I went early otherwise it may have been unbearable. There were no bargains on reloading supplies but I did find a couple of 30cal ammo cans at a reasonable price. So I did not go away empty handed. Some one saw the cans and asked me where I found them out so I sent him that direction but I think I got the last 2.

The gun show at the newer Convention Center/Arena is twice the size this one is. But it's another 10mi away but access is easier to get too. I have normally found better bargains at this smaller show but not this time.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

The last show I went to had a nice condition M1 Carbine (shooter, not collector) at a semi-reasonable price. Generally all I've been seeing are guns someone bought from the CMP, beat/junked up and abused, and are trying to sell as collectors' items. Well, that and the real collectors' items.

I couldn't resist a second Carbine, particularly as the price was right and it was a private seller - I like to think of the wailing and gnashing of teeth that it would cause in the Bradys' offices to know about someone buying a "semiautomatic military assault weapon with high-capacity clips and cop-killer deadly full metal jacket ammunition designed to do nothing but kill innocent puppies" without asking permission from the government to do so. Seeing as the last one was bought directly FROM the federal government (I love living near the CMP) - I'd probably give them a double heart attack!

So I didn't make it out with much money, but I did walk out of that show with a second M1 Carbine, a bunch of MTM ammo boxes for cheap and a couple boxes of my preferred 9mm carry load* for fifty cents a round ... I think the Mrs and I had enough to buy lunch left in our wallets, but not much more.

It has been slim pickings at shows for a while, a box of ammo here, a random tool or magazine there, sometimes a deal on commie ammo in Makarov or Tokarev - but nothing amazing and nothing I couldn't order online, until that last one.

*(Speer 9x19mm 124g+P GDHP, there's a guy who always has those at the local show, he must have a line on a LE bulk supply or something ... this would probably give the gun-grabbing authoritarian asshats a fit as well)

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 am

I have been thinking about a small pocket revolver, any suggestions? Gun shows always seem a little high to me.
H

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 03, 2012 2:18 am

Hakaman wrote:I have been thinking about a small pocket revolver, any suggestions? Gun shows always seem a little high to me.
H
S&W Airweight (442 or 642), Ruger LCR