What to do with an old furniture store

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

What to do with an old furniture store

Post by greener » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:17 am

Richmond's newest shooting range and gun shop. Pretty nice setup. It was a furniture store and these folks have done some extensive remodeling.

http://www.colonialshooting.com/

Now if I could just talk my kids into the Constitution membership for Father's Day. :lol:

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 am

It would cost you too much in ammo. :wink:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: What to do with an old furniture store

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

greener wrote:Richmond's newest shooting range and gun shop. Pretty nice setup. It was a furniture store and these folks have done some extensive remodeling.

http://www.colonialshooting.com/

Now if I could just talk my kids into the Constitution membership for Father's Day. :lol:
Sounds like a nice place Bob. I used to belong to one up in Midland. but sadly it had to close to lack of income to keep it running. It was great, nice shop, locker room, meeting room and viewing area of the range, with big window so people and the range officer could watch the shooters. Range had an air lock and was well ventilated, never could see any smoke in the air.
Had a 10 lane and a 4 lane bay separated by a wall with a door in it. Range was 25 yards, capable of 50BMG with programmable automated target caarriers. But adly it closed and IO had to shoot out doors.
Last edited by bearandoldman on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 am

Looks like a very nice facility. It's got some stiff membership fees. I'm sure they've investigated their membership price points and believe there's enough interest to support an investment like that one in the greater Richmond area. Twenty-five hundred buy-in and twenty-four hundred per year is a pretty steep investment for a membership to a gun club/range. I could get the M/LE rate, which seems the most reasonable fee rate to me.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:43 am

Even the M/LE rate is more than I'm paying counting the 50-mile round trip to my current range. Sunday we had about 50F and 1.5 inches of steady rain, so it has certain advantages over my outdoor range.

Seemed to have quite a crowd the day I dropped in to look around.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 am

Since they also have non-member daily/hourly rates available, most folks may opt for that instead of the membership. If the closest ranges are that far away the occasional shooter will definitely find that affordable pretty much based on gasoline prices alone.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 am

It's nice but not that nice (price). I suspect Bullseye is correct and they will use the non-membership range. The indoor range I'm a member of is only $75/yr with a $7.50/day range fee. Which is very reasonably priced. It does have a nice gun store and retail to go along with it. No Gunsmith though.

They may be pricing their selves out of range for most. I wish them luck we do need more places to shoot.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am

If that was near me, I couldn't do that cost. I'm still happy with my Forest Service range. An hour round-trip, but that's only about two gallons with my car. Add ammo and nibbles, about thirty bucks total cost, and I usually stay about three hours. Same visit at Colonial Shooting Academy would set me back a C-note if they were next door. I wish them luck.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols