Preparations

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Preparations

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 am

With the good likelihood of Obama being re-elected, and the subsequent gun/ammo laws that might come along with him, are you making any preparations for that possibility?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 am

I'm not envisioning the future with that outcome and as such; no.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Bullseye wrote:I'm not envisioning the future with that outcome and as such; no.

R,
Bullseye
Obama being re-elected or a reversal in the current trend of better gun laws?

My concerns are places and prices of shooting.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Both actually. Prices on everything is already affecting how people feel about the current government occupants, even some of their long time supporters are beginning to look at the possibility of a new administration.

R,
Bullseye

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Given the sorry field of opponents, the staggering percentage of people that will vote for their own self-interest and wallets, and the general level of political stupidity and skullduggery in this country, I have to place the odds of The One being re-elected at 50-50.

And friends, that scares the bejaysus out of me.

I made my preparations long ago, haven't seen any reason to regret it, and dang sure ain't discussing them in a public forum.
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Personal opinion, I feel he will be re-elected. If people are ignorant enough to give him the Nobel Peace prize, people are foolish enough to vote him back in. People are easily influenced with b.s., and Obama is a master at that. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. I have stocked up on reloading supplies, mainly for retirement, but I feel it's a good idea for the near future.
haka

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 am

not sure if I'm prepping for Obama re-election or not.... I did pick up a m1 carbine the other day ...

I think it because I couldn't pass up a good deal on a nice gun.....and I've wanted one for a while.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:43 am

He told Medvedev he could be "more flexible" once re-elected. Presidents have never really pushed their agenda until a second term, so if he stays, we haven't seen the worst by a long shot.

My birthday is right before Election Day. I have dim hope of a nice late present from the intelligent voters. I'm afraid they will be outnumbered by fools.

I know this is, thankfully, a largely non-political forum. I do appreciate that members are concerned over this. I find it hard to imagine that a shooting enthusiast could support the current White House tenant, yet I see it on other shooting forums.

Preparations? Nothing yet, beyond a large stash of ammo. I figure if the worst happens, I'll either need better mountain man skills, or a passport.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols