New MKIII"s/Buds Gun Shop

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

New MKIII"s/Buds Gun Shop

Post by piasashooter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I was wondering if anyone has ordered a Ruger MKIII 5.5 bull barrel from Buds Gun Shop recently. I am asking because I want to order one from them, but was unsure if the MKIII's they have in stock are of the most recent production of guns that feature the newly added target crown and extended feed ramp. I tried to ask if they could tell me what they have in stock, but I was told they don't take any guns out of the packaging, and they really couldn't say. They claimed the guns are the latest version being offered. Which should mean they have the new features. Thanks for any replies.

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 pm

There is two models of the heavy barreled Target Model. Ones SS and the other is blued. This is factory list. You can find them about $100 bucks cheaper if you shop around. Hope this helps you.

Model Options:
Cat. # Mod.
MKIII512 10101 Alloy Steel Blued Target 5.50" 9.75" 42.00 oz. $449.00
KMKIII512 10103 Stainless Steel Satin Stainless Target 5.50" 9.75" 42.00 oz. $559.00

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:17 am

Bud's Gun Shop is a widely used source for many firearms purchases. With a high volume turn-around they likely do have some of the most current production firearms in their stocking warehouse. It is always prudent to do a search on customer reviews before making any purchases of firearms from any dealer whom you are not personally familiar.

R,
Bullseye

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I have ordered from Buds a few times now, and am pleased with their service. I was thinking the same, that such a well known online dealer, would probably sell enough to only have the recent production Rugers. Bullseye, do have any idea when Ruger made the small changes to the pistols, I know when my gun was replaced in October, they sent me the newer version, but really have no idea when they fist sent out guns with the changes.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Unfortunately I do not. I try to track major series updates and don't usually have a definite time frame for minor production changes.

R,
Bullseye