The Rest Of The Story On Self Defense

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

The Rest Of The Story On Self Defense

Post by KAZ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 am

Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: The Rest Of The Story On Self Defense

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:44 am

KAZ wrote:They were after pain killer meds.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/com ... 491196.php
Well, one of them should never feel any pain again, unless when he burns in Hell.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Many things in life can be reduced to simple equations. In this case, it is simply a matter of self defense, "thug breaks into a house unlawfully, he gets shot". I can't believe any human would disagree with what went on there. If she didn't defend her castle, she and her baby, could be dead right now. It's not rocket science. If I chose to break into someone's home I would expect to meet the same end, so should everybody else. NRA should give her a "Woman of the Year" award.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:22 pm

As usual you guys are spot on and this incident brought self defense to the forefront nation wide. Also a reminder that if someone believes that you might have oxecontin(spelling?) it could make you a target when you would not normaly be. They were showing that some small medication stores posting signs that they did not carry any of that type. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Hakaman wrote:Many things in life can be reduced to simple equations. In this case, it is simply a matter of self defense, "thug breaks into a house unlawfully, he gets shot". I can't believe any human would disagree with what went on there. If she didn't defend her castle, she and her baby, could be dead right now. It's not rocket science. If I chose to break into someone's home I would expect to meet the same end, so should everybody else. NRA should give her a "Woman of the Year" award.
For me it's a great story and I'm glad she had the presence of mind to defend herself. The anti-gunners see it very differently. They believe she should have relied on less lethal defense or give the perps what they wanted and they would go away. She deserves all the positive press and support we can give her.

35 years ago I became persona non grata in the University of New Orleans Chem department faculty lounge for making a non-pc comment on self-defense. A woman who was raped cleaned the perp with one shot while he was in the next room shaking her baby. The esteemed intelligent folks said she had no right for SD. My comments were something about marksmanship medal. The anti-gun idiocy was palpable