Decoded

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Decoded

Post by Hakaman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am

Anybody watch the Brad Mertzer's "Decoded" show on the history channel? Does this 2012 theory cause you to prepare in any specific way?

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:45 pm

If the 2012 theory holds true as I've seen it mentioned most times, there won't be much need to prepare, as we'll all be gone!

I'll just hope my last range trip was a good one. I'd hate to die with bad groups as a regret..........And, I will hope I had at least one good chili dog that week..........:D
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Enjoy the good times

Post by Coach1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 pm

When initially considering that 12/21/2012 end-of-days story, I thought about max'ing out all my credir cards to buy ever bucket list / wish lists I have... Maybe open a few new cards - as I will not be here to pay nor the lenders to recover.

But then.. I recall all the panic about Y2K disasters that did not happen.. the countless other predictions of our demise as a species and planet. The Mayan long calendar simply starts over again at year 1... nothing more.

I agree with Ruger 22.. enjoy what we have.. make each day special.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 pm

I here a lot of people talk about what they are doing to prepare, but as stated before, no one knows what is actually going to happen. So how is one to know what to do to prepare. I agree with the y2k reference, my Grandmother just finished up using the last of some of her y2k supplies, I have to give her credit though, she committed to it and seriously stocked up. The way I look at the whole thing, the world was always going to end, no one lives forever. Really all you can do is live until you die, speculation of some great disaster just doesn't change the way I have always thought. I guess wanting to be prepared for power outages, or food shortages makes some sense, no one wants to suffer, but again, will I know the difference once I am gone? I do agree with Ruger22, don't want to go out on a bad group :wink:

greener

Post by greener » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 am

Beware, the end is nigh! Repent!

Hard to keep up with all these end of the world predictions.

Even the government is into it. My military ID card said "Indefinite" under the "expires" block on the front and 31DEC2011 on the back. Knowing your expiration date certainly gives you a focus.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:19 am

Eventually someone will get it right with all these apocalypse predictions but I'm not counting on it being anytime soon. Still waiting for California to break off from the west coast and become an island.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 am

Bullseye wrote:Eventually someone will get it right with all these apocalypse predictions but I'm not counting on it being anytime soon. Still waiting for California to break off from the west coast and become an island.

R,
Bullseye
I've heard that on Arizona's western state line, some folks have already set up for selling suntan oil and other beach items........ 8)
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm staying in Michigan, they say the earth will shift and the weather will be paradise right around the Detroit area! 8)

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Hakaman wrote:I'm staying in Michigan, they say the earth will shift and the weather will be paradise right around the Detroit area! 8)
And I thought it was like that now and always gas been, especially
south of 8 mile.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm

When Y2K rolled around all we worried about was setting off the fireworks right at midnight.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Paradise

Post by Coach1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Someone was drinking some really potent stuff... or smoking something illegal.. to think that Detroit could become paradise-like. :D
I like Michigan and Michigan-ers, though..

I can tolerate the left coast as it is now. What I would like to see slip off the country's right coast and float out to sea is.. the U.N.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

We are supposed to be getting some strong solar flares soon, and they damage computer systems, including massive power outages. No power, no electricity, no water = humanity turning savage within 3-5 days.

greener

Re: Paradise

Post by greener » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Coach1 wrote:Someone was drinking some really potent stuff... or smoking something illegal.. to think that Detroit could become paradise-like. :D
I like Michigan and Michigan-ers, though..

I can tolerate the left coast as it is now. What I would like to see slip off the country's right coast and float out to sea is.. the U.N.
Michiganders.
Gorgeous place. Last week, a little cloudy, warm, no snow with my Gal Sue from Kalamazoo, although bgreene had me go to auto 4wD at his range last week. Rumor has it that it is a bit colder and whiter this week.

Haka and Oldman are closer to Hell http://www.hell2u.com/ than Paradise , http://www.paradisemichigan.org/ but can get to either fairly quickly.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Oh Boy..

Post by Coach1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Greener..
I am probably persona non grata in Michigan now. My apologies to all Michiganders!. My last manager would spend much of his summer vacation in the Upper Peninsula. He returns with raves about the country, scenery, fishing and life style. A regular live chamber of commerce poster child. We should all spend some time there. Might make my bucket list. :D

greener

Re: Oh Boy..

Post by greener » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 am

Coach1 wrote:Greener..
I am probably persona non grata in Michigan now. My apologies to all Michiganders!. My last manager would spend much of his summer vacation in the Upper Peninsula. He returns with raves about the country, scenery, fishing and life style. A regular live chamber of commerce poster child. We should all spend some time there. Might make my bucket list. :D
My sister said that but was more attracted by Bayview and weekends on the Pamlico. The one time she went to Michigan she ran into 30-degree temps, clouds, 20 mph winds and horizontal flurries that probably started falling in Wisconsin. She did have to taste the water in Lake Michigan because, being from Eastern NC, she had never seen that much water that wasn't salty. I thoroughly enjoyed fishing when I lived in Kalamazoo and had lots of good places within 45 minutes of the house. I never did get into walking out on the water, cutting a hole and fishing through the hole.

My "vacation" bucket list includes Apex, NC, in the next few weeks. I'll even get some outdoor activity, wandering around the landfill.