Holster

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Holster

Post by Hakaman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am

I was wondering what holster type some of you use for the bulk of your
carrying. My PM-9 goes in a pocket holster but is sometimes difficult to draw
quickly when I practice drawing. I was wondering what system you like.
thanks, haka

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:51 pm

I have found out that if you want the easiest to draw from a IWB holster it will have a Hydex outer shell. With the hard outer shell your belt is limited as to how much compression it can put on the holster. I like leather against my body, just more comfortable. The holsters I have made for myself have a pig skin liner and sweat guard. The liner makes the holster quite and protects the finish of the gun. I also make my hydex outer shell with a slight curvature, reduces the pressure when you tighten the belt. I use no restraint, but mine is secure enough so that I can hang vertical and it not fall out.

Now some of the commercial Hydex holsters are injected molded or mold formed. These can give you a good fit but may rattle due to the looser fit. I did discover when I first started working with Hydex is that you do not want a perfect match to the gun, detail. I used a vacuum bag to make the hydex mold to the gun. The fit was so good you could not draw the gun using 2 hands a feet.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:42 am

For a small pocket pistol I like Remora Holsters. They can be used in the pocket or IWB. You can set them at any angle and they say put and they don't print in your pockets. I have used them with guns as large as a G-19 with good success. :D

Their Webb Page:
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

My Glock-19

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 am

There's a guy on eBay who goes by "holsterpro". Makes pretty nice leather holsters. My Bobcats ride in his Ambidextrous Pocket Holster.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols