action pistol or shotgun

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

action pistol or shotgun

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:53 pm

any one wlse out there that likes to shoot action pistol games or shotgun, I like both but my favorite has to be sporting clays. Have axpended many K's of shells at that sport. Lets hear from some of you, this is a gun talk forum for all guns per the bossman Bullseye. :P
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Ruffchaser

Post by Ruffchaser » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:57 pm

Hi bearanoldman ,
Ive never shot sporting clays but hope to change that soon . I finally started shooting clay birds with friends the last few years but have never officially shot trap or skeet . Acouple weeks ago shot with a guy who had a nice thrower and we were throwing rabbits which was alot of fun . Ireally like shooting clay birds and know that sporting clays would be a blast . Will let you know how it goes , should be going in the next few weeks .

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:03 pm

Ruffchaser wrote:Hi bearanoldman ,
Ive never shot sporting clays but hope to change that soon . I finally started shooting clay birds with friends the last few years but have never officially shot trap or skeet . A couple weeks ago shot with a guy who had a nice thrower and we were throwing rabbits which was alot of fun . Ireally like shooting clay birds and know that sporting clays would be a blast . Will let you know how it goes , should be going in the next few weeks .
Hope you enjoy it and I know you will. We have a nice 12 station 50 target course in the woods and fields at my club, Bear and I set the targets and make them challenging but fair. No trick shots or short windows all targets are easily seen and broken and also easily missed.
Remember your first time at it 50% hits is a good score.

Ruffchaser

Three Gun Game

Post by Ruffchaser » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:02 am

Hi Bearandoldman ,
Last nite on one of the shooting shows on tv , they had a 3 gun competition on for fun which consisted of 22 pistol , 22 rifle , and centerfire pistol . They were shoting targets that l turned over when hit . Looked like a lot of fun .

bearandoldman

Re: Three Gun Game

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:00 pm

Ruffchaser wrote:Hi Bearandoldman ,
Last nite on one of the shooting shows on tv , they had a 3 gun competition on for fun which consisted of 22 pistol , 22 rifle , and centerfire pistol . They were shoting targets that l turned over when hit . Looked like a lot of fun .
Hi there "Cheesehead", just funin ya boy as the old rosoter used to say.
Saw that show myself, looks like a lot of fun. Have shot bowling pins and steel plates and popper target. Any thing tht move braks fall ove or blows up is fun shooting. Was heavy into the bowlnig pins about 10 years ago and shot my High Standard aka JC Higgins model 80 with a Tasco PD4 big dot scope on it, got pretty good could usually get the 5 pins doen in just over 33 secods from a low ready but never could break thaat magic 3 second barrier. . No one into that around here anymore, everybody into the cowboy action stuff now but that is too expensive for an old retired guy with a limited income. You need 2 pistols a rfle and a shotgun and the yopu got to buy the leather and the clothes and taht is were the big mony goes.