More gun restrictions?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

More gun restrictions?

Post by Hakaman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:58 pm

greener

Post by greener » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 pm

The gun control folks will never be deterred by the facts.

Virginia was really disappointing. Here I had my single action revolvers so I would have the right guns for wild west shootouts. Didn't happen. Also, looks like it is hard to have a fast draw shootout on Broad Street because the cars won't stop. :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:47 am

Reading the article to me sounds like Dr. Blanks is a convert to gun ownership rather than greater firearms restrictions. Funny how common sense begins with examining the facts rather than subscribing to emotional hype.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:38 pm

greener wrote:The gun control folks will never be deterred by the facts.

Virginia was really disappointing. Here I had my single action revolvers so I would have the right guns for wild west shootouts. Didn't happen. Also, looks like it is hard to have a fast draw shootout on Broad Street because the cars won't stop. :lol:
My thoughts when I passed on getting both a right and left hand holster for my two Bearcats....... :wink:
Bullseye wrote:Reading the article to me sounds like Dr. Blanks is a convert to gun ownership rather than greater firearms restrictions. Funny how common sense begins with examining the facts rather than subscribing to emotional hype.
All the anti-guns are emotional panic attacks. If they believed in facts most would be lined up at an LGS!
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 am

I read an article recently of an actor ( I cannot recall the name) who was blacklisted for his stance on firearms ownership rights but when the LA riots of the 1990's happened more than a few of his "anti" colleagues showed up at his house seeking to borrow a firearm. He politely turned them all away. Kind of a twist on the old saying "There are no atheists in foxholes."

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am

Saying that increased gun ownership decreases crime is somewhat like saying that hanging garlic in your window prevents vampires from entering your house. It is impossible to prove. There could be other reasons that crime decreases. The evidence is pretty clear that crime doesn't increase when less restrictive gun control laws are in place and the rumored wild west shootouts don't seem to happen.

I try to avoid being in those places I think I might have to use a firearm. That's similar to avoiding being in places you might get struck by lightening. I have personal experience with the avoidance mode not working all that well with lightening. I believe the same holds for firearms. I'd just like a potential evil doer to wonder if I have one.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 am

greener wrote:Saying that increased gun ownership decreases crime is somewhat like saying that hanging garlic in your window prevents vampires from entering your house. It is impossible to prove.
Greener, it works. Have been doing it for years and never have seen any sign of a vampire, but I do keep a pistol loaded with silver bullets at the ready at all time. You just can't be too safe.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
greener wrote:Saying that increased gun ownership decreases crime is somewhat like saying that hanging garlic in your window prevents vampires from entering your house. It is impossible to prove.
Greener, it works. Have been doing it for years and never have seen any sign of a vampire, but I do keep a pistol loaded with silver bullets at the ready at all time. You just can't be too safe.
silver is for werewolves, isn't it? wooden stakes for vampires... 00 buck for zombies?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
silver is for werewolves, isn't it? wooden stakes for vampires... 00 buck for zombies?
Damn, wrong again, now got to get me some wooden bullets, wonder how hard maple would work/?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Hanging bunches of garlic bulbs in the window doesn't usually deter the vampires but all the goombahs milling around the outside drawn in by those fragrant cloves usually does the trick on those blood suckers!

R,
Bullseye