Don't be a victim

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Bullseye wrote:I tend to agree because criminals are not much farther up the evolutionary chain than animals in my book. In fact they may be just below, as animals prey on other animals for food not for opportunity or sport.

R,
Bullseye
Bear says that definitely, dogs have better manners and better morals for sure!
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Bullseye wrote:More than once I've looked off someone who's intent may have been questionable. In many cases that is all that's needed, a predator is looking for an easy victim, not someone who may be readily prepared to do them harm back. The "clueless" are easy to surprise and stun, therefore is is far easier to prey on them using pounce/ambush tactics.
A big grin and eye contact have done the trick for me a few times. Adding a slightly madly cherry greeting helps too.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:10 am

Better to be aware, cautious, and prepared, than to be a victim.

Y

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:14 am

About 10 years ago, I almost got broad sided (T-boned) while passing through and intersection. Scared the hades out of me. It wakes you up.
It doesn't take much to be "prepared", especially after a wake up call.
Haka
Last edited by Hakaman on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 am

Well, I just saw a FOX story about a "Senior Citizen" in Michigan who along with his wife came home from Christmas shopping to find a "young" robber in his home. The robber menaced the "Old Man" homeowner with a tire iron thinking that treat was enough. It wasn't. Now, I'm waiting for our own baom to fess up that he was the "old Man" who delivered the whupazz 8) [/i]
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:51 pm

KAZ wrote:Well, I just saw a FOX story about a "Senior Citizen" in Michigan who along with his wife came home from Christmas shopping to find a "young" robber in his home. The robber menaced the "Old Man" homeowner with a tire iron thinking that treat was enough. It wasn't. Now, I'm waiting for our own baom to fess up that he was the "old Man" who delivered the whupazz 8) [/i]
Not me!!!! but that is only because he did not pick this house. If he did that he would have most likely left in a body bag, at close range I dfo not muss and will not stop shooting until the threat is ove. Either by turning or running or just dropping over dead. A tire iron is no match for a .38 or a .45, they just come up a little sjort.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:24 pm

As you know I was just having some sport with you :D That azzhat if he had the misfortune to stumble into your area would have learned not to bring a tire iron to a gun fight, and what a "Double Tap" was. 8)
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:36 pm

KAZ wrote:As you know I was just having some sport with you :D That azzhat if he had the misfortune to stumble into your area would have learned not to bring a tire iron to a gun fight, and what a "Double Tap" was. 8)
2 in the chest and 1 in the head and then the bad guy is DEADDEADDEAD!!!!!

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm

When someone posts a WTB ad for bags of lime you'll know who it was

radio
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by radio » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm

bigfatdave wrote:When someone posts a WTB ad for bags of lime you'll know who it was

BAOM!!!

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:34 pm

radio wrote:
bigfatdave wrote:When someone posts a WTB ad for bags of lime you'll know who it was

BAOM!!!
shoot shovel and shut up :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:34 pm

You know that those poor souls are the products of poverty, poor parenting and circumstances beyond their control. The poor environment they had makes them not responsible for what they do. It is the anger of the downtrodden striking out, not some real criminal intent. We need more sympathy for these poor folks and more programs to raise them from the depths that society has sent them. We should treat their transgressions with kindness, sympathy and concern for their unfortunate environmental problems.

That's why last night when I stopped at a rest stop in West Virginia that had two cars parked out of the lights, no other cars/trucks and no sign of an attendant, my thoughts ran to .380, 95gr JHP in my pocket, the .45 being in a brief case in back of the car and I watched and listened very closely for any unusual sounds from my daughter.