Time's fun when your having flys. Quoth the frog.

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Time's fun when your having flys. Quoth the frog.

Post by Medicine Hat » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Has anybody else noticed that Sept. is almost gone. Rats, I am still working on June/July projects !!!

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Time's fun when your having flys. Quoth the frog.

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Medicine Hat wrote:Has anybody else noticed that Sept. is almost gone. Rats, I am still working on June/July projects FROM LAST YEAR!!!

fixed it for you! :D

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 pm

How true,
Thanks for the fix, 'preciate that

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Time's fun when your having flys. Quoth the frog.

Post by ruger22 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:31 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Has anybody else noticed that Sept. is almost gone. Rats, I am still working on June/July projects FROM LAST YEAR!!!
Me too.......mostly the dreaded endless Honey-do list....... :twisted:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:37 pm

SWMBO and I were having that very discussion just today. How is it that the 5 months from May to September go by in a flash, and the 3 months from January to March take about 12 years? :? :(
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

How about 25-55yo goes by in a flash !

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm just finishing a bath room remodel (re-tile) that was only suppose to last about 5 weeks. 14 weeks later I have finally finished, a good thing my back is hurting more than normal. And this was not even my bath room. I did this for my dad since the existing grout developed leaks and mold was starting to grow. So I ended up ripping all of the walls out and went in with new. Installed new fixtures, built a cabinet at the end of the tub and installed approx 115 sqft of wall tile. I did some decorative design around the top which took a lot of precision cuts to make the pattern to work out.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:27 pm

A basic Truth: Every job, no matter how small, will expand to completely fill the time available.
I don't know how many "5 minute" jobs I've started on Sat. morning, and barely finish by Sun. midnight.
At one point in my life, I did re-modeling and house building to put bread on the table, therefore I can feel your pain.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm

blue68f100 wrote:I'm just finishing a bath room remodel (re-tile) that was only suppose to last about 5 weeks. 14 weeks later I have finally finished, a good thing my back is hurting more than normal. And this was not even my bath room. I did this for my dad since the existing grout developed leaks and mold was starting to grow. So I ended up ripping all of the walls out and went in with new. Installed new fixtures, built a cabinet at the end of the tub and installed approx 115 sqft of wall tile. I did some decorative design around the top which took a lot of precision cuts to make the pattern to work out.
Stop bragging about being a speed demon. Only 14 weeks? I started my bath in March.

No job shall be done until it's time and never put off until tomorrow what can be done the day after.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 pm

blue68f100 wrote:I'm just finishing a bath room remodel (re-tile) that was only suppose to last about 5 weeks. 14 weeks later I have finally finished
It took me a year to panel 1/3 of my basement and hang one door to close it off from the "ugly" part. Feel better?........
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm normally not very fast, slower since I have a lot of back trouble. I new that I had only the summer to do this bath room. I even had my brother helping me a couple of days. Not sure I can say that it speed things up though, took more time explaining to him what I needed done. I still need to do some re grouting to the hall bath, too. Other wise I may end up do another major job.

I installed a french door 3 yrs ago to replace a sliding door in my house. It took me 2 yrs and 5 mo to put the paneling back. It took my wife 3 weeks to noticed I had finished it. :) Then there is the wet bar that I cleared out 3 yrs ago still so I can demo/replace the drywall due to termite damage. Them little critters ate all of the paper leaving the wall paper hanging by a thread. It looks like one of those ant farms.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911