Range Bag

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 am

Hakaman wrote:
My standard range snack is two 16oz. Dr.Peppers, a bag of pork rinds, and a can of Vienna sausage. That's enough caffeine, fat, and salt to hold me three or four hours.
I think those "eats" contain the four basic food groups, don't they?
I forgot to list sugar, you're right. Caffeine, fat, sugar, and salt are the four food groups. I'm eating better than I thought.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Slanteyedshootist

Post by Slanteyedshootist » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I've been using an old gym bag I found in my closet. It's not tactical so it probably affects my shooting. And my Mark III and ammo smelling like stinky socks doesn't help my aim any either. :D

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 am

Slanteyedshootist wrote:I've been using an old gym bag I found in my closet. It's not tactical so it probably affects my shooting. And my Mark III and ammo smelling like stinky socks doesn't help my aim any either. :D
My $$ is on the stinky socks

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, the bag seemed to arrive 2 hours after I ordered it online from MidwayUSA ? They are lightening quick on shipping. After inspecting the new range bag, I was more then pleased, as I actually have "two" bags in one. As you can see from the photos, there is a "main" bag and a smaller bag. The smaller bag will be great for my 22 pistol competition shoots at the range. It also came with two nice zippered gun cases. The large/main bag has all the room I think I'll ever need for range activities, including 5 outer pockets, and a couple "slide" in pockets inside. As one photo shows, I have 3 handguns in there without any problems, and extra room for more things. Neat accessories include the "I can't live without it" beverage holder, and a really neat "spent case" bag that attaches to the outside of the bag. All this for $39.95 + s&h. This is an on sale price. As far as how I would rate it, I'd have to agree with the hundreds of ratings on the MW site and give it a full 5 of 5 stars ! *****
Hakaman

ImageImageImage

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Well, after having some fun re the beverage holder I must admit that it is a very well thought out bag. The spent cases hanger is a great idea! Much better than digging around in the bottom of my range bag. I'm also a MidWay fan. Now it looks like you need to acquire more pistols :wink: Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

greener

Post by greener » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:05 pm

That looks pretty good. I do like the classy brass bag. My brass bag is the grocery store plastic bag.

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 am

re: greener, plastic grocery bag.
Not sure about your area, but around here, for about $1 or less, you can get a store branded nylon type stuff "Tactical" re-useable bag. That would translate to a range bag pretty easily. :banana: :ar15:

greener

Post by greener » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 am

We can probably get them for not much around here. I don't recall seeing them, but haven't really been looking. My range bag (tool bag) has several pockets that can be used for brass. Last week I shot .45 colt, .38 spc and .357. Three plastic grocery bags did a fine job of segregating the used brass.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 am

Our range bag has cup holders and all kinds of pockets and seat and a 3 litre, 24 valve V-6. It is a little on the large and heave side but it is self propelled and has a resident gurd dog also.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 am

greener wrote:That looks pretty good. I do like the classy brass bag. My brass bag is the grocery store plastic bag.
pfft, I use the empty boxes I scavenge from the range trash.
Nice going with the grocery bags there, fancypants!

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 am

Medicine Hat wrote:re: greener, plastic grocery bag.
Not sure about your area, but around here, for about $1 or less, you can get a store branded nylon type stuff "Tactical" re-useable bag. That would translate to a range bag pretty easily. :banana: :ar15:
my wife is the hypocondriac but, I read a while back that those reusable range....ummm grocery...bags generally have a high level of nasties (salmonella, e-coli, and such) because they generally don't get washed....I'll stick to the good ol' paper or plastic for now!

Hak, I really like that range bag, I've been looking at that one for a while online now...

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 am

Hak, I really like that range bag, I've been looking at that one for a while online now...
Factors that helped make my decision"
1) It's on sale right now, 20 bucks off.
b) My B&D tool bag was just a little too small, wouldn't fit my sleeved guns in it.
3) Hundreds of positive reviews on it.
4) Smaller bag included seems very practical for my usages.
5) I love the brass bag (it's got to be better then a plastic grocery bag) :roll:
6) Probably the most important reason is the beverage holder.
g) The brass bag can double a a doggie treat container! (OM, r u thar?)
Hakaman

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm

OK, all you guys are officially overdoing it, I made a 4-hour range trip today with only the contents of one bigass laptop backpack.
That was one gun on my hip, one pistol in a case, one folding carbine in a case, 550 rounds of .22lr, 210 of 9mm, and 150+ of .45ACP.

And I packed it all onto a motorcycle, with:
paper targets
markers
staple-gun (and staples this time!)
stringed tennis balls for reactive targets
basic tools (forgot the sight adjustment tool for the sub2000, got lucky and didn't need it)
drinks AND snacks
hearing protection for everyone

I can now officially turn my nose up at your fancified range setups.

Also, I'm only taking two guns if I do that again, and less ammo/targets/etc ... that load was HEAVY and packing it all up took 20 minutes not counting strapping the bag to the bike. And I had to pack it all up twice, minus some targets and ammo the second time.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 am

bigfatdave wrote:OK, all you guys are officially overdoing it, I made a 4-hour range trip today with only the contents of one bigass laptop backpack.
That was one gun on my hip, one pistol in a case, one folding carbine in a case, 550 rounds of .22lr, 210 of 9mm, and 150+ of .45ACP.

paper targets
markers
basic tools (forgot the sight adjustment tool for the sub2000, got lucky and didn't need it)
drinks AND snacks

Also, I'm only taking two guns if I do that again, and less ammo/targets/etc ... that load was HEAVY and packing it all up took 20 minutes not counting strapping the bag to the bike. And I had to pack it all up twice, minus some targets and ammo the second time.
overdoing it? you are the one with a motorcycle for a range bag, haka is just using a relatively inexpensive duffle with a beverage holder...... :roll:

greener

Post by greener » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 am

bgreenea3 wrote:
bigfatdave wrote:OK, all you guys are officially overdoing it, I made a 4-hour range trip today with only the contents of one bigass laptop backpack.

paper targets
markers
drinks AND snacks

overdoing it? you are the one with a motorcycle for a range bag, haka is just using a relatively inexpensive duffle with a beverage holder...... :roll:
And oldman just bought a new range bag with cup holders, bear space, two layers of gun and target holders, good on the road....

Nice being able to back up to the firing line.