BEEMAN P1 CARBINE

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

BEEMAN P1 CARBINE

Post by KAZ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 am

I promise that this is probably the last of air gun type post, but I thought that some of you might find this original Beeman manufactured shoulder stock accessory interesting, and all would appreciate a really nice chunk of wood. Regards
Last edited by KAZ on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Interesting, I have not seen one of those before.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Looking good, but keep it in Texas, almost guaranteed jail time if you had that in Michigan, must be extremely illegal for some reason or reasons.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

baom, you are thinking of firearms and you would be correct that it would be a "short under 16" barreled rifle". I've owned two firearms with shoulder stocks that were legal because they were very old. One was an old Mauser Broomhandle with matching stock, and an old Browning High Power with stock. Both collector items. This Beeman air gun stock would be illegal were it attached to a modern firearm of any kind. The other thing is I have plenty of air rifles the stock is just an interesting accessory. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 pm

KAZ wrote:baom, you are thinking of firearms and you would be correct that it would be a "short under 16" barreled rifle". I've owned two firearms with shoulder stocks that were legal because they were very old. One was an old Mauser Broomhandle with matching stock, and an old Browning High Power with stock. Both collector items. This Beeman air gun stock would be illegal were it attached to a modern firearm of any kind. The other thing is I have plenty of air rifles the stock is just an interesting accessory. Regards
In Michigan an air pistol is considered a firearm s\just the same as an S&W .500. That is just the way the law is.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Well, you made me curious so I looked up MI statutes and they(air handguns) appear to be OK if you are over 18 :wink:
I give you section 166
166 FIREARMS LAWS OF MICHIGAN — STATUTES
SPRING, GAS, OR AIR OPERATED HANDGUNS
Act 186 of 1959
AN ACT to regulate the use of certain spring, gas or air operated handguns and to provide a penalty for violation of this
act.
History: 1959, Act 186, Eff. Mar. 19, 1960.
The People of the State of Michigan enact:
752.891 Use or possession of BB handgun by minor.
Sec. 1. No person under 18 years of age shall use or possess any handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling
BB’s not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air, outside the curtilage of his domicile unless he is accompanied
by a person over 18 years of age.
History: 1959, Act 186, Eff. Mar. 19, 1960;—Am. 1972, Act 37, Imd. Eff. Feb. 19, 1972.
752.892 Penalty.
Sec. 2. Any person who violates the provisions of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor.
History: 1959, Act 186, Eff. Mar. 19, 1960.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Maybe my ocal shop is just being extra safe but that is what they told me. I tried to order one from a dealer and they told me it had to be shipped to an FFL, after that I totally lost interest. No sense of having law problems with a gun that is not really a firearm/