Uneven ammo availability

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Uneven ammo availability

Post by ruger22 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:01 am

Looked at several ammo sources yesterday and today, just for curiosity. I'm well stocked and won't need any for months.

Kind of odd. Dick's had a good supply of every caliber. Gander was practically swimming in every caliber and brand I've ever seen there, but they do still have a sign limiting .380 and .38 spl.. The main local gunshop had at least a few boxes of everything.

My two nearest Wal-Marts had giant gaps all over the ammo shelves. In my caliber, .22, they had maybe 10 of the 100 round CCI boxes, and a few 50 round boxes of .22WMR. No other .22. Worst I've seen it in weeks.

Was this weekend something special for Wally World ammo shooters or what? I mean, their ammo is now only slightly cheaper than most places, if at all. I can't see them being wiped out when other stores are stocked.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:44 pm

My Wally World is stocked with everything including 380, and it is good to the the shelves full again. The WMs are dependent on their regional warehouse which may explain why some are full, and others not. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 pm

I sure hope they stock up at my store. If they don't I guess I'll have to get my .22's in bulk off line. :)

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Wally World seemed to have a touch more the last time I checked. Didn't see any .380. Makes me feel better about deciding to reload .380.