Arizona Motorcycle Seat

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Hakaman wrote:I have limited knowledge of revolver triggers, but, does that one look like a "hair trigger" ? (notice how far it sits back in the guard)
Single action triggers are well back in the guard, since they don't need to move very far.. Actually, there's just finger room in front of the trigger.

The leather looks great, and I think those are stick-on "bullet holes" on the fender. Only, there's no seat for the lady? I like the t-shirts where the back reads, "If you can read this, the b---- fell off"....... :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:30 am

I can't see any rear foot pegs either. Looks like that horse is a single rider.

R,
Bullseye

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 pm

AZ the up and coming state to relocate to at retirement or sooner.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

AZ the up and coming state to relocate to at retirement or sooner.
I have been to Arizona about 10 times for vaction and such. It is a great reprieve from the harsh Michigan winters. The dry heat is very welcome when you have winters that are wet and cold. My biggest concern with Arizona these days is the fact that it has many kidnappings, and most of it has to be attributed to illegal immigrants. It seems to be a real battle down there.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:55 pm

My buddy works for Arizona DPS and most of those kidnappings are Mexican national kidnapping meixican nation.... almost all are medication trade related

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 am

I love the AZ-NM area (lower 2/3 anyway) and have hopes of at least retiring there. I've been in Phoenix at 118 F., and it felt better than 80 does here in VA. The low humidity is great on my sinus, too.

I'm dreaming of somewhere really small, where they only have one traffic light and if it breaks nobody notices for a day or two........ :lol:
So long as I have somewhere to buy a pair of pants or groceries, and the internet, I'm good. Maybe a nice gunshop, too............
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 am

Arizona is a great place to visit, but I am a little leary of all the political business happening out there right now. That, along with the closeness to the Mexican border bringing illegals in, I'm not sure it is so stable for the future? I have probably vacationed to various parts of Arizona 10 times now, it seems like a prime place to retire for much of the year, climate wise. I like your desires of a town to live in, but it does sound little dreamy, maybe not !
To have a grocery store, internet, clothes store, and "gun shop" sounds more like the Tucson/Phoenix areas.
Good luck,
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 am

I didn't rally care too much for the Phoenix area. I know a lot of people love it there but it's not for me. I did see a few places I'd like to stay but being a year-round Arizona resident doesn't really appeal to me. I like the high desert but over 100° during the day in early April was a little much for me.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:25 am

Nice leather work! A lot to like about AZ, wonder if they have a state income tax?
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

azkmd

Post by azkmd » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 am

Yep, we pay income taxes, they just went up.
Been here about 20 years, and there are days I still can't get used to the heat. Wearing a vest all day is great fun in the summer.
I just spent some time in SE Texas, which helped me appreciate the dry heat again.

The covering on the pipes is a wrap, like a heavy canvas material. Comes in various colors for that "old school" look.
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=mo ... CD0QsAQwBg